BRITISH CACTUS & SUCCULENT SOCIETY
Notice and Agenda of Annual General Meeting To be held on Saturday 8th April 2017 at 10.00am at Winstanley High School & Community College, Kingsway North, Braunstone, Leicester LE3 3BD.
- In accordance with rule 15, attendance of this meeting is open to all members and all are urged to attend if possible This is your Society and your chance to make your views known on how it is run. It would assist the Secretary to keep accurate attendance records and Leicester Branch with the catering if anyone intending to attend could inform the Secretary either by post or email.
- Delegates are reminded that those attendees specified in the Society rules (Rule 10) to be eligible to claim travel expenses should, wherever possible provide a VAT receipt, if travelling by car, so that the Society can reclaim the VAT content.
The programme of events of the meeting will be as follows:-
10am to 11am Arrival and plant and book sales plus free coffee and biscuits.
11am to 12.30pm Lecture by Mme. Diane Ortolani (Deputy Director of Jardin Exotique de Monaco since 2013) talking on 'The History and Development of the Jardin Exotique de Monaco'.
12.30pm to 1.30pm Break for lunch and plant and book sales.
1.30pm to 3pm A.G.M.
3pm to 3.30pm Break for coffee and plant and book sales.
3.30pm to 5pm Lecture by Paul Rees (Tropical Nursery Supervisor at Kew) talking on 'My trip to South Africa'.
5pm End of A.G.M. event.
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes of the previous A.G.M. Matters arising from the minutes.
- Any questions on the Chairman's written report.
- Any questions on the Vice-Chairman's written report.
- Any questions on the Treasurer's written report.
- To receive the accounts and to elect Auditors. Nominee: Messrs Caldwell and Braham
- Any questions on the Membership Secretary's written report.
- Any questions on the written reports of Ancillary Officers (taken in order of appearance in the insert to be published in CactusWorld).
- To elect a President. Nominee: Dr C. Walker.
- Presidential Address.
- To approve the election of Hon. Chairman, Vice–Chairman, and Secretary - see insert to be published in CactusWorld for Nominees.
- To elect annual Trustees to the Board of Trustees - see insert to be published in CactusWorld for Nominees.
- To elect 3 members to the Shows Committee - see insert to be published in CactusWorld for Nominees.
- To elect a Minutes Secretary. Nominee: Mr Alan Hill.
- Any Other Business.